If you’re playing online casinos, you should know the ropes. Here are eight things that get you up to speed.
1. Know the local law about online casinos and online gambling. The laws about online casino gambling vary from country to country and state to state. You are responsible for knowing if online gambling is legal in your state. If you gamble online illegally, you may face charges, though it’s far more common that you just won’t see any winnings.
2. Know the online casino you’re betting with. Take the time to do a little research before gambling and get to know the casino. Read the casino’s website, read over the terms and conditions and make sure that the casino has any required licenses or permits to operate. The more you know about the casino, the better equipped you are to enjoy your gambling and profit from it.
3. Know how the casino pays out your winnings. Be sure you understand how the online casino deals with winnings and which payout options it offers. Is there a minimum amount for checking out? Do they only payout on specific dates? The terms for paying out winnings should be laid out in the terms and conditions of the website.
4. Know how the website operates and how to use the software. Many online casinos offer free casino games that let you get familiar with the software and the games they offer before you pony up some cash for betting. Play free online casino games until you’re familiar with the website.
5. Know how to reach customer support. Legitimate online casinos will give you multiple options for contacting them in case of problems. Look for online chat support, telephone contact numbers, email and physical addresses for each website you play. Don’t take it for granted, either. Call the number or click on online chat just to check and make sure that they really work and aren’t just window dressing. Live support should be available 24/7 and 365 days a year.
6. Know the casino policy on bonus plays. Most online casinos offer bonuses to new players in the form of “free” cash added to your casino account, and many also offer monthly bonuses or comps to frequent players. Read the terms and conditions to use your bonus cash. Most require that you place a minimum amount of bets from your own stash before you can play with the casino’s money.
7. Know the rules of the games you’re playing at each casino. Because software platforms vary from site to site, there may be differences in how each game is played at different casinos. Understanding bet limits and other options can make the difference between winning and losing big.
8. Know how secure your personal data is on the site. Don’t be casual about safeguarding your personal data, including your credit card information and other information trusted to the online casino site. Look for the lock symbol in your browser to indicate that the site is using secure data encryption, as well as being sure that any page into which you enter your passwords or any personal information have an https:// url. The “S” at the end is the signal that the data is transmitted on a secure data transmission line with encryption.
Playing in an online casino can be a great way to relax or sharpen your skills for Vegas, but be smart about it and understand the rules before you begin.
By Chris Robertson
Chris Robertson is an author of Majon International, one of the world’s MOST popular internet marketing companies on the web.
Learn more about Casino Online.