Played by any number of players from two to ten, the basic goal of playing Omaha poker is to achieve a five card hand out of a combination of two hole cards (held in hands) and three community cards (that lie on the board). The player with the best five hand combination is declared as the winner.
Derived from the Texas Hold’em poker, Omaha poker features its own rules and regulations that can be at times confusing enough for the players. The Omaha poker was first played in the Las Vegas Golden Nugget Casino and since then it has enjoyed world wide support and popularity. Let us discuss in detail the reasons behind the popularity of Omaha poker:-
1. According to seasoned players, the very fact that Omaha poker is available in online poker rooms has attracted large players worldwide. Interested players can play Omaha poker from anytime and anyplace – even from home.
2. The above reason leads to a question. There are other poker games available in the web portals, then why is Omaha poker enjoying such popularity? The answer is – Omaha pokers provide for high stake games 24×7 hours a day. Therefore, it attracts players who often end up cashing in thousands of dollars while playing.
3. Online poker rooms allow players to have a quick grasp over the rules and regulations of the game.
4. Omaha poker is a highly profitable game. Even novice players can end up earning hundreds of dollars. The games can be won easily and in many cases even the competitors are not seasoned pros.
5. Omaha poker allows room for never ending gambles and it is this reason that finds many takers worldwide.
6. When playing Omaha poker online, the four hole cards are spread right in front of the player thus making it impossible for the other players to sneak into what cards a player is playing.
7. Players of Texas Hold’em pokers migrate to Omaha poker because of the apparent similarity in rules. However these players may soon find themselves in confusion regarding the approach of the game.
The above reasons depict that out of the various poker games, Omaha poker is considered to be the most aggressive and profitable poker game. Availability of fully occupied tables all throughout the day and the thought of generating extra profit continues to attract millions worldwide. In an instant a game of Omaha poker can “make or break” the fate of millions. It is this unpredictability that gives a boost to the popularity of Omaha poker.