Poker is taking over the gaming industry by storm! There are many types of poker games and many of them are online poker. Poker machines are popping up all over, from online casinos, kiosk, airport waiting areas, and video machines and online poker machines!
The number of poker players grows everyday just as the number of online poker players continue to catch up with the latest rage of winning online! Many people are still trying to perfect the strategy for online poker wins.
In this article I will go over a few basic online poker tips to help the experienced and the poker novice get a little closer to perfecting that win.
Keep in mind that even though playing poker online is the same principle as playing a hand of poker with real time people, there are a few differences. Your betting is based to gain information about your opponent’s hand due to the lack of visual experiences that you would have in real time. This is called probe betting that will take you to probe raises.
1. Know your bank roll: keep in mind that while in a land based casino, you are usually limited on your bank roll, and online casinos don’t usually limit the plays. Keep this in mind and know how much you can afford to play and lose.
2. Research the online poker machine game you are thinking of playing. Read the rules, payouts and directions.
3. Pay attention to the opponent’s bets
4. Watch your opponent’s insta-bets and insta-raises
5. Know your hands: Below is a list of the best online poker starting hands from best to worst
A-A, K-K, Q-Q, A-Ks, A-Ko
J-J, A-Qs, T-T, A-Qo, A-Js, K-Qs
9-9, A-Ts, 8-8, A-Jo, K-Qo
K-Js, Q-Js, J-Ts, K-Ts, Q-Ts
All pairs 7-7 and below, all suited Aces (example: A-Xs), T-9s, 9-8s, T-8s, 8-7s, 7- 6s, 9-7s, 6-5s
A-9s, A-8s, A-7s, any two cards ten or higher, A-9o, A-8o
All the rest; play these hands very rarely
6. Watch how you bluff; remember bluffing is just what it sounds like. You want to convince the opponents you have a good hand when really you don’t. Make your bluff count
7. Never tilt
8. Play smaller tournaments first to get a feel of the whole game
9. Play with a open and clear mind: do not play when you have other things weighing you down taking away your concentration
10. Take notes of how the game progresses, who your playing against, and your opponents usual moves
These are just a few of the online poker tips that may help you improve your gaming experience. As you can see online poker playing is virtually the same as playing a hand at a land based casino. The only real difference is you can not read your opponent as well online as you could in person. But don’t let this scare you away. Just as a blind person hears better, you will use your other sensory skills to cue you in on what is really going on in your opponents hand.
By Cristina Morena
Cristina Morena has been gaming for about five years and is a regular player at Slotland. Since she is passionate about playing online slots, she’s written a number of articles related to online slots, online casinos and so on, which help those who are new to the game. In her experience, Slotland is renowned for its fairness, security and sincerity. For more information on the site visit: http://www.slotland.com