Online poker is a little different from real world poker. When you are playing online poker, you are sitting in front of your computer screen and are not able to see your opponents. This makes you unable to notice your opponents’ facial expression, which is one important factor to determine whether they have a good hand. Therefore, it is not surprising to see experienced real world poker players struggle when they are playing online poker.
In this article, let me share with you some tips that will help you to become a better player in online poker:
1. As mentioned above, when you are playing online poker, you are unable to see your opponents’ facial expressions. Therefore, you need to make use of whatever information available to you when you are playing poker online. One tip is to see the time that the player takes to make a decision. An experienced online poker player will usually take a shorter time to make his or her decision. So if your opponent takes a long time to make his move, chances are he is new to poker. In this way, you can make your move and probably try to bluff him more than you would usually do in real world.
2. Practise online poker with free credits. If you are very new to online poker, my advice to you is to polish your skills by playing with free credits. In this way, even if you lose the game, you are not losing real money. So take this time to develop your own strategies and increase your chance of winning.
3. Register your online poker account with a reputable site. This is very important as you will not want to join a site which shares your private information such as credit card number. So do your research and shortlist a few sites to join. Browse through their websites and read their privacy statements. You should also read up reviews on the various recommended poker rooms online. Rooms that are recommended by other experienced online poker players are usually safe for you to join.
4. Take down notes. In live poker, you cannot take notes. However, when you are playing online poker, you are sitting in front of your computer screen whereby nobody can see what you are doing. Therefore, take this opportunity to take down notes of your opponents and memorize the strengths and weaknesses of your opponents.
5. Do a research on your opponents. Your chance of winning greatly depends on your game selection. Therefore, always try to choose a room to join which is in sync with your current skill set and style of play.
Online poker is fun and it allows you to play poker anytime and anywhere you want. Just remember that online poker is different from real life poker. So even if you are an experienced live poker player and have not play much online poker, always play it cautiously and seriously.
By Aeon George
For more information on APPT and poker tips, visit RoyalFlushAsia now.
Feel free to publish this article on your website as long as you keep the resource box intact.